In a short time, enjoy super crispy frozen chicken patties in an air fryer. This is the perfect choice for a quick lunch or dinner for the whole family!
Cooking frozen food in an air fryer is my favorite. We put everything from air fryer hot dogs to air fryer mozzarella sticks in the air fryer and they cook just right.
I will explain how to cook air fryer chicken patties, how to reheat chicken patties, and how to melt cheese on top in a simple way.
I used these instructions on the Tyson Chicken Pie and Morningstar Chicken Pie in the Air Fryer (yes, the vegan variety)!
Although some Tyson packages have "air fryer" instructions on some of their bags, I found that the time and temperature provided do not give the best results. This recipe does not use oil, but it is still crispy on the outside of your favorite breadcrumbs!
What is a chicken pie?
Chicken patties are basically chicken pressed into patties. The patties are then completely breaded, cooked, then frozen, and sold in stores.
This means that the frozen chicken patties in the store are pre-cooked and only need to be heated.
It's a bit like frozen breaded chicken breast, but the chicken breast is chopped up instead of whole.
How long do you cook chicken patty in air fryer?
Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place two chicken patties into the air fryer basket or onto your air fryer trays. Cook for 8 minutes and check the patties. Flip and crisp up for an additional 2-3 minutes if desired.
What temperature do you air fry chicken patties?
Place frozen chicken patties in air fryer basket. Cook at 390 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flip over half way through cooking. Serve hot.
What are the disadvantages of air fryer?
- Air fried food tastes different than deep fried food.
- Air fried food might not be as crunchy as deep fried food.
- Easy to burn or dry out food with an air fryer.
- Air fryer cooking times are longer than deep fat fryers.
- Air fryers cost too much.
- Air fryers aren't good for large groups or families.
HOW TO COOK AIR FRYER CHICKEN PATTIES
- Preheat the air fryer to 420 degrees. Preheating is important so that the patties can be cooked evenly.
- Put the frozen chicken patties in a single layer in the air fryer.
Cook the chicken patties for 6-7 minutes, turning over halfway.
- Put the bread in the air fryer and cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy (if needed).
- Remove from the air fryer, place the chicken patties on the bread, and enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days according to the reheating instructions below.
The chicken does not need to reach 165 degrees because it is already pre-cooked chicken.
How to melt cheese on chicken patties
I like to put spicy pepper jack cheese on my chicken patties, but if you have ever tried putting a slice of cheese on something in an air fryer, you will know it will fly away immediately.
This is an interesting technique that I use to melt cheese without any additional tools, and it works perfectly every time.
- Place the chicken patties on the bread (if using) and place in the air fryer.
- Turn off the air fryer completely and put a piece of cheese on the chicken patties.
- Turn off the air fryer and let it sit for 40-60 seconds. The cheese will melt due to the residual heat in the air fryer!
I also use this technique when making air fryer cheeseburgers.
How to reheat chicken patties in an air fryer
Reheating the chicken patties in an air fryer is 1,000 times better than reheating them in the microwave. The crumbs remain crispy and taste like the first time you made them!
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Put the chicken patties in the air fryer and cook for 4-6 minutes until fully heated.
- Complete the recipe with toast and melted cheese, as described in the recipe below.
- Enjoy now!
YIELD: 2 SERVINGS
AIR FRYER FROZEN CHICKEN PATTIES
A crispy chicken patty sandwich made from frozen patties. It's quick, delicious, and super easy to make.COOK TIME7 minutesTOTAL TIME7 minutes
- 2 frozen chicken patties
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Place the frozen chicken patties in the air fryer side by side and cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- If putting cheese on them, turn air fryer off, place slice on cheese on each patty, and close air fryer drawer. Let sit with the air fryer off for 30-60 seconds until cheese melts.
- Remove them from the air fryer, add any additional toppings, if desired, and enjoy!